- Haunted Mansion – This is my go to when I feel ill. I love this film so much during my GCSE’s I watched this every two days just to keep myself sane. Every time I was ill my mum would put it on for me. I don’t know if it’s Eddie Murphy or the Comedic ghost but I love everything about it.
- She’s all that – An old friend of mine introduced me to this film on our valentine’s day together as we were two single gals who loved junk food and chick flicks. I love this film so much it makes me sad and happy and feel all the feels. It has to be one of my favourite chick flicks and it’s old as well so I like seeing films set in times before I was born or old enough to remember.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them – I watched this in the cinema and instantly fell in love with the character Newt as did my friend who I managed to convert into liking Harry Potter. It was such a great film and I loved the little references to Harry Potter in them. It was a magical film which brought me back to the Wizarding world in a brand new way and I am so thankful for that.
- Goosebumps – This film was great. I watched it at the cinema with my cousin and I ended up laughing at everything because I can’t take anything Jack Black says seriously. He was like ‘ We’re in terrible danger’ and I just burst out laughing. I love Jack Black and it was a great film. I ended up buying the dvd and showing it to my mum who also enjoyed it. It was one of those rare moments where we actually sat down and both liked the film we were watching together.
- The BFG – The original cartoon film was amazing for a child like myself when I was young and pure joy was had when watching it. The cartoon was fun and joyful and made you want to sing along with it but I remember the bit with the horrible giants used to scare me. This film was one of my favourites as a child so I had to see the new remake of the BFG. I loved the remake as well. The little girl who plays Sophie reminds me of my mum when she was little.It wasn’t quite as fun as the cartoon one however I still loved it and it was still the same story I loved and remembered fondly.
- A Cinderella Story – This film I used to watch all the time with my cousin when she used to come round and she would always ask if we could watch it. We ended up watching the other ones with Lucy Hale and Selena Gomez but I always remember Sunday Afternoon watching A Cinderella Story together eating cookies. This film brings back fond and happy memories but as well as that I liked the message it gave out.
- Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure – This one I can’t really remember how I found it. My friend had his external hard drive with him and was showing me the films he had so we could choose one and I think I asked him what was Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure and he just put it on. I can’t really imagine how anyone came up with this film or what they were smoking but it’s amazing. All the different historical figures and how they interpreted the ‘present’ day. How they got into mischief and the time travel. I also have to mention Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey which I loved as well, Death is just amazing words cannot describe him.
- Tenacious D Pick of Destiny – I can’t believe when I first got introduced to this I didn’t want to watch it, I’d heard Tenacious D’s music before but nothing prepared me for the film. It was great and I loved that it was full of their music. I love the devil, I love Kage and JB. The film was brilliant.
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy – I mean do I even have to explain this. I love the whole of Middle-Earth. I love the world you can escape to while watching these films. I love the story created and the characters you meet along the way. The story is gripping and I’m glad I watched these films.
- Kiki’s Delivery Service – I love all Studio Ghibli films but this one stood out a bit more. It took me ages to find a favourite out of all of them. I found that I related to this film more. ‘An insecure young witch begins questioning herself’ that reminds me of myself and most of my friends at the moment and our journey to over coming our insecurities and self doubt to get to where we are now. Also the bit where her cat Jiji doesn’t understand her and can’t talk back made me want to cry. The film was incredible.
I’ve been single for the whole of this year. My new year’s resolution last year was to not date anyone this year. It helped take the pressure of constantly thinking you have to look for a guy. It helped me to focus more on myself but I am nowhere near the amount of self love I feel I need. I’m meeting up with a guy I think is quite cute to talk about life and what I could do after my apprenticeship next year. Once I told my guy friends they made jokes saying he just wants to get me drunk and try it on. This made my anxiety very bad and now getting ready to meet up with him I’m having a panic attack. I went to one of my friends I always talk to about my mental health and he just said if he kisses you go for it because why not. This didn’t help me. I’m still in a panic, I feel sick and don’t even want to go out. This is just supposed to be a friendly meetup to talk about the future and life after college. Even if he asked me out it’s not next year so I wouldn’t be able to anyway and I feel like I’m panicking for no reason. I am also worried about walking to and from the pub in the dark!!
My friend just left. We had the best time ever and I knew he wasn’t the type of guy who would be weird or only after one thing. We hung out at the pub for 3 hours, we went to mine and he transferred game of thrones while we watched a film. We talked about college, university, work, films I hadn’t watched and needed to watch. It was so great and I was panicking for nothing. He is an amazing guy and a great friend. And we’re gonna meet up again!!
I wasn’t expecting to make a New Years Resolution post but I think really it’s going to be a better year next year and I want to share my resolutions with you all.
So one of my New Years resolutions from last year was to not date anyone so that I didn’t have the stress of why haven’t I got a boyfriend or that I wasn’t constantly looking for a guy. Also that I wasn’t worried why I didn’t have a boyfriend. I took this year for self love. I went ok. I didn’t get I boyfriend and I wasn’t worrying about finding one although I did have to reject someone which I didn’t like doing and found awkward but he’s a nice guy and we are friends.
I have a cliché New Years resolution which is to join the gym with my two best friends. I wanted to join the gym last year but I didn’t have a job and then not everyone was 18 in the group of us so we decided to wait and now we all feel ready and it’s better than using our gym stuff at home and we get to do it together.
Another is to read one new book a month. This is because I have loads of books I bought because I wanted to read them and then never got round to it and reread Harry Potter instead. There’s nothing with rereading Harry Potter but as well as reading new books.
To have breakfast every day and not skip it. This is more a personal thing that I’ve never really had a regular breakfast in the morning and I would like to start because I feel like it would start me off for the day.
I want to eat healthier. I’ve improved the amount of water I drink but I would like to eat less crap and more meals that are healthier instead of like a tube of pringles because I’m hungry. Also I want to eat less ready meals, I managed to stop eating Rustler burgers and food like that. I have cut down the amount of takeaways I have to once every 2 months if that.
I want to swear less. I work in a workshop full of guys, we all swear….a lot. I swear the most all the time. I would like to tone down the amount I swear. I would also like to not swear in front of people younger than me and old people.
I want to push out of my comfort zone more even if it’s scary even if I’ve found more than 10 worst outcomes. I want to meet up with people I haven’t seen in ages and not panic and cancel because I’m scared. I don’t want to keep cancelling or saying I’m busy I just want to do it.
What are your New Years Resolutions and Why?