- Supernatural – I love Supernatural. The characters are amazing, They have flaws you can relate to and other flaws we might not be able to relate to. Since I started watching Supernatural it really helped me deal with my Mental Health and be a part of campaigns such as the Always Keep Fighting campaign and the Love Yourself First campaign.
- Doctor Who – I first started watching Doctor Who in 2005. I watched the first episode when it aired with my uncle, it was something we used to do every Saturday. It was a tradition we loved to do and it brought us closer and although I don’t like him very much anymore it was nice when I was growing up. I loved Doctor Who and I still do I haven’t stopped watching it. I watched it when Christopher Eccleston was in it and I loved it, when David Tennant was in it and I loved it. When Matt Smith was in Doctor Who even though I really liked David Tennant I still loved Matt Smith as the Doctor. I thought Peter Capaldi was also great as the Doctor and I can’t wait to watch Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor this year.
- Gilmore Girls – I got into this towards the end of last year. My best friends both love this Tv Show and they wanted to share this with me. I love it, I’m currently rewatching it now. I love the characters, I grew up with a single parent, my mum, and I drew so many similarities from Gilmore Girls from my own life. Emily Gilmore reminds me of a warmer version of my grandmother only my grandmother treats me the same way Emily treats Lorelai.
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend – This is something I started watching February this year. Another one of my friends recommended this Tv Show to me. I love that it’s kinda like a musical comedy. The songs are amazing and some of them are funny and others speak to you on another level. I suffer with Mental Health and it’s nice to see it portrayed and not glamorised in Tv. We see the nitty gritty of Rebecca’s breakdown and suicide attempt and the affect it has on everyone include herself.
- Parks and Recreation – I found this Tv Show by myself. I found lots of posts about Parks and Rec and lots of quotes and they seemed funny and I was interested in actually watching the show. I got amazon prime and I realised I could watch it on amazon prime so that’s when I decided to watch it. I loved it. All the characters are amazing (Yes even Jerry). My favourite character is Leslie, she’s a very powerful role model and it’s nice to see her struggle but also beat the odds.
Jared Padalecki isn’t perfect…..and that’s why he has made such a big impact on myself and many others.
He has struggled with mental health. So many of us suffer from a type of mental health issue and even if we don’t we know someone close to us that does. So often people don’t address mental health and there’s a massive stigma about it. Instead of not letting the public know Jared shared not only his mental health issues he also started the ‘Always Keep Fighting’ campaign which also led to the ‘You Are Not Alone’ campaign and also a phrase which I have learnt to love ‘ Love yourself first’.
Not only has he admitted to his own mental health issues once, he has shared countless times his own struggles with his mental health. Every time he helps someone else. He used his mental health issues to not only raise mental health awareness but also to raise money for loads of people who need help.
I’ve been dealing with my mental health for 4 years now and when I first heard about the Always Keep Fighting campaign and found out one of my favourite characters in Supernatural was also dealing with his on struggles suddenly I didn’t feel so alone with all my problems. It also inspired me to start this blog so I could raise awareness about mental health and also hopefully make someone else feel less alone.
So Jared Padalecki may not be perfect but neither are we and that’s ok because we are still fighting everyday.
I just found out Wayward sisters isn’t being picked up by CW and I’m so upset. I was really looking forward to watching it. I saw in an article that it wasn’t picked up because CW said wayward sisters wasn’t were it needed to be and Legacies beat it to be picked up instead.
The episode of Supernatural which was a pilot for Wayward sisters was so good, It reintroduced old characters in a new setting. We see Alex Jones working a full time job and trying to live a normal life away from hunting. We also see Claire Novak fighting monsters like we see Sam and Dean do every season but instead of the first 2 minutes seeing people die we actually see Claire save a little girl from werewolves, and later on in the episode she even saves Sam and Dean with the help of Kaia Nieves. It’s really nice to watch an episode with such strong women and role models. I would have really loved to see this become it’s own Tv Show.
There is currently a Change.org petition to save Wayward sisters which Kim Rhodes herself has posted on Twitter. The petition
I believe in ghosts.
I believe in aliens.
I don’t believe in werewolves.
I believe in angels.
I believe in demons.
I believe in witches.
I don’t believe in shapeshifters.
What monsters from supernatural do you believe in and what monsters from supernatural don’t you believe in? Post in the comments your thoughts.
Back to the Future
4.03 – In the Beginning
Dean to Castiel
“Angels got their hands on some DeLoreans? How did I get here?” A DeLorean is the car that is used by Doc and Marty to time travel in back to the future. Coincidentally this is also the episode where Dean goes back in time and meets a young version of his father.
5.13 – The Song Remains the Same
Dean to Castiel
“So, what, you’re like a DeLorean without enough plutonium?”
This was said to Castiel by Dean after Castiel tells both Dean and Sam that his powers aren’t full and will make time travel very difficult.
6.18 – Frontierland
Dean tells people his name is Clint Eastwood when he and Sam travel back to 1861. When Marty McFly goes to the past in Back to the Future III he uses the same alias.
There are lots of other references to Back to the Future in Supernatural.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Lots of characters from Supernatural were in either Buffy or Angel. Such as; Rob Benedict, Felicia Day, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan for example.
1.17 – Hell House
“Okay, WWBD. What would Buffy do? Huh?” – Ed Zeddmore
There’s a magazine that Ronald Resnick with Cybermen on the front cover which are monsters from Doctor Who.
Mark Sheppard who played Crowley on Supernatural also played Canton on Doctor Who.
7.03 – The Girl Next Door
The girl next door is called Amy Pond. This is also the name of one of the Doctors Companions.
11.15 Beyond the Mat
“You made me bleed my own blood.” – Lucifer
This is a quote from Nelson Muntz a character from the Simpsons.
4.03 – In the Beginning
“Know where I can get any reception?” Dean to his younger father.
“The U.S.S Enterprise?” Young John back to Dean.
This is in reference to Deans phone which to John looks like a Star Trek communicator as it is advance technology for that time.
7.20 – The Girl with the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo
When charlie says goodbye to Dean and Sam she makes the Vulcan salute.
8.11 – LARP and the Real Girl
When Charlie says goodbye to Dean and Sam again she makes the Vulcan salute.
SHERIFF: Can I help you boys?
DEAN: No sir, we were just leaving. Agent Mulder, Agent Scully.
1×04 PHANTOM TRAVELER
DEAN: All right, this is gonna sound nuts, but we just don’t have time for the whole “The truth is out there” speech right now.
2×05 SIMON SAID
SAM: Dean! Andy’s got the Impala!
DEAN: I know! He just sorta asked me for it and I, I let him take it.
SAM: You what?
DEAN: He full-on Obi-Wanned me. It’s mind control, man!
1×17 HELL HOUSE
DEAN: Who ya gonna call?
[Ed Zeddmore and Harry Spengler surnames refere to the characters from Ghostbusters: Winston Zeddmore and Egon Spengler.]
2×06 NO EXIT
SAM: What’s that?
SAM: Holy crap.
DEAN: That’s ectoplasm. Well, Sam, I think I know what we’re dealing with here. It’s the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man.
2×18 HOLLYWOOD BABYLON
The Winchesters are on a tour of Hollywood. The tour guide says that they are passing the place where Gilmore Girls (2000) is filmed, and if they’re lucky they might get to see one of the stars. Jared Padalecki, who plays Sam Winchester, had a starring role on Gilmore Girls (2000), playing a character named Dean Forester. At this point, Sam Winchester looks uncomfortable and quickly leaves the tour bus.