- Supernatural – I love Supernatural. The characters are amazing, They have flaws you can relate to and other flaws we might not be able to relate to. Since I started watching Supernatural it really helped me deal with my Mental Health and be a part of campaigns such as the Always Keep Fighting campaign and the Love Yourself First campaign.
- Doctor Who – I first started watching Doctor Who in 2005. I watched the first episode when it aired with my uncle, it was something we used to do every Saturday. It was a tradition we loved to do and it brought us closer and although I don’t like him very much anymore it was nice when I was growing up. I loved Doctor Who and I still do I haven’t stopped watching it. I watched it when Christopher Eccleston was in it and I loved it, when David Tennant was in it and I loved it. When Matt Smith was in Doctor Who even though I really liked David Tennant I still loved Matt Smith as the Doctor. I thought Peter Capaldi was also great as the Doctor and I can’t wait to watch Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor this year.
- Gilmore Girls – I got into this towards the end of last year. My best friends both love this Tv Show and they wanted to share this with me. I love it, I’m currently rewatching it now. I love the characters, I grew up with a single parent, my mum, and I drew so many similarities from Gilmore Girls from my own life. Emily Gilmore reminds me of a warmer version of my grandmother only my grandmother treats me the same way Emily treats Lorelai.
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend – This is something I started watching February this year. Another one of my friends recommended this Tv Show to me. I love that it’s kinda like a musical comedy. The songs are amazing and some of them are funny and others speak to you on another level. I suffer with Mental Health and it’s nice to see it portrayed and not glamorised in Tv. We see the nitty gritty of Rebecca’s breakdown and suicide attempt and the affect it has on everyone include herself.
- Parks and Recreation – I found this Tv Show by myself. I found lots of posts about Parks and Rec and lots of quotes and they seemed funny and I was interested in actually watching the show. I got amazon prime and I realised I could watch it on amazon prime so that’s when I decided to watch it. I loved it. All the characters are amazing (Yes even Jerry). My favourite character is Leslie, she’s a very powerful role model and it’s nice to see her struggle but also beat the odds.
Jody Mills – Supernatural
Jody Mills loses a lot when we first meet her, her husband and her son are both dead at the end of the episode we first see her in and she is now exposed to the supernatural world. She learns a lot about the Supernatural goings on and she learns to defend herself. Even when she meets Donna she is a little skeptical about letting her guard down even for a second. She takes in both Alex and Claire and with them she takes both of their troubled pasts and tries to give them a normal life and make them go to school even though their lives have been interrupted by the supernatural. She parents both of the girls and sometimes even the Winchesters. She even managed to deal with Crowley and live. I also think that Kim Rhodes portrayed the character of Jody Mills beautifully and I am so thankful for this amazing, underrated, parent like character who isn’t perfect and that’s ok.
I first found out who Jared Padalecki was when I watched Supernatural first time. I had heard of him before this on Tumblr and due to so many different gifs and memes. This is also why I started watching Supernatural because I had so much second hand fandom. I had a pretty healthy obsession with him while watching Supernatural and I loved the character Sam and I thought he played it so well and the on screen and of screen chemistry with Jensen was just amazing and unbelievable.
The Always Keep Fighting (AFK) Campaign was something I kinda stumbled on by chance, I had decided to start following all of the supernatural characters pages Jared, Jensen, Misha, Mark Shepard and many others where included in this crazy following episode. By following Jared Padalecki’s page this meant that when he posted about his latest campaign it came up on my timeline on Facebook and I saw it and clicked on it and found out so much about his struggle and his campaign and also about the charity. I bought my first T-Shirt from Creation Stands due to that and I am so grateful because wearing that T-Shirt and the many others I bought from the AFK campaign and many other campaigns bring me so much strength and also make me feel like I’m not alone in my mental health issues. I owe that to Jared Padalecki and him using his fame to help people and that is why he is one of my favourite male actors.
I also recently like a month ago started watching Gilmore Girls and I finished it all Saturday last week and Jared was such a good actor even when he was younger and I was really amazed by his acting when I watched it and was also surprised because I didn’t know he was in it. It is so weird that he is called Dean in Gilmore Girls and then in Supernatural he has a brother called Dean.
I think that Jared Padalecki is an amazing Actor and is an even more amazing and incredible person. His campaigns have helped so many different people and every time I see someone write about one of his campaigns I see so much love and how another persons life has been changed for the better as a result. He has inspired so many people to get help with their tough times or to just talk to someone. He helped me to realised how strong I am and even though he will never know who I am or how he helped me I will always know just how much those campaigns helped me and my mental health.
I am mad about Harry Potter and I have become the designated ‘Harry Potter Friend’. I thought I’d share my Top Ten favourite Harry Potter quotes. Enjoy~
- “Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- “But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- “I am what I am, an’ I’m not ashamed. ‘Never be ashamed,’ my ol’ dad used ter say, ‘there’s some who’ll hold it against you, but they’re not worth botherin’ with.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- “Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. ”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- “You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- “Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- “Don’t let the Muggles get you down.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- “All was well.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Haunted Mansion – This is my go to when I feel ill. I love this film so much during my GCSE’s I watched this every two days just to keep myself sane. Every time I was ill my mum would put it on for me. I don’t know if it’s Eddie Murphy or the Comedic ghost but I love everything about it.
- She’s all that – An old friend of mine introduced me to this film on our valentine’s day together as we were two single gals who loved junk food and chick flicks. I love this film so much it makes me sad and happy and feel all the feels. It has to be one of my favourite chick flicks and it’s old as well so I like seeing films set in times before I was born or old enough to remember.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them – I watched this in the cinema and instantly fell in love with the character Newt as did my friend who I managed to convert into liking Harry Potter. It was such a great film and I loved the little references to Harry Potter in them. It was a magical film which brought me back to the Wizarding world in a brand new way and I am so thankful for that.
- Goosebumps – This film was great. I watched it at the cinema with my cousin and I ended up laughing at everything because I can’t take anything Jack Black says seriously. He was like ‘ We’re in terrible danger’ and I just burst out laughing. I love Jack Black and it was a great film. I ended up buying the dvd and showing it to my mum who also enjoyed it. It was one of those rare moments where we actually sat down and both liked the film we were watching together.
- The BFG – The original cartoon film was amazing for a child like myself when I was young and pure joy was had when watching it. The cartoon was fun and joyful and made you want to sing along with it but I remember the bit with the horrible giants used to scare me. This film was one of my favourites as a child so I had to see the new remake of the BFG. I loved the remake as well. The little girl who plays Sophie reminds me of my mum when she was little.It wasn’t quite as fun as the cartoon one however I still loved it and it was still the same story I loved and remembered fondly.
- A Cinderella Story – This film I used to watch all the time with my cousin when she used to come round and she would always ask if we could watch it. We ended up watching the other ones with Lucy Hale and Selena Gomez but I always remember Sunday Afternoon watching A Cinderella Story together eating cookies. This film brings back fond and happy memories but as well as that I liked the message it gave out.
- Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure – This one I can’t really remember how I found it. My friend had his external hard drive with him and was showing me the films he had so we could choose one and I think I asked him what was Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure and he just put it on. I can’t really imagine how anyone came up with this film or what they were smoking but it’s amazing. All the different historical figures and how they interpreted the ‘present’ day. How they got into mischief and the time travel. I also have to mention Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey which I loved as well, Death is just amazing words cannot describe him.
- Tenacious D Pick of Destiny – I can’t believe when I first got introduced to this I didn’t want to watch it, I’d heard Tenacious D’s music before but nothing prepared me for the film. It was great and I loved that it was full of their music. I love the devil, I love Kage and JB. The film was brilliant.
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy – I mean do I even have to explain this. I love the whole of Middle-Earth. I love the world you can escape to while watching these films. I love the story created and the characters you meet along the way. The story is gripping and I’m glad I watched these films.
- Kiki’s Delivery Service – I love all Studio Ghibli films but this one stood out a bit more. It took me ages to find a favourite out of all of them. I found that I related to this film more. ‘An insecure young witch begins questioning herself’ that reminds me of myself and most of my friends at the moment and our journey to over coming our insecurities and self doubt to get to where we are now. Also the bit where her cat Jiji doesn’t understand her and can’t talk back made me want to cry. The film was incredible.